Dear Hambledon Colts
We have had a difficult summer because of COVID-19, and we hope you are all well and safe. We are now in a position to start some Colts training next week and the following weeks, starting on Monday 6 July. For the moment, this is restricted to the Under 11s and older; we hope to make suitable arrangements for the Under 7s and Under 9s soon. New arrangements are as follows:
- Monday – U15 and U16: 6:00-7.30pm
Led by Kevin Wingham – email@example.com
- Thursday – U13: 6:00-7.30pm
Led by Danny Rowland (Year 7 Colts) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sal Chaudhry (Year 8 Colts) – email@example.com
- Friday – U11: 6:00-7.30pm
Led by Steve Toogood – firstname.lastname@example.org
Numbers have to be limited because of the rules around COVID-19, so please email the appropriate coach to book a space. The coaches will be making every endeavour to ensure everyone gets a fair share of the slots over the next weeks. Here are a few points for guidance:
- Please do not turn up on the evening without booking a space
- All colts should come changed ready in training kit. The changing rooms will not be in use
- Each colt should bring their own cricket ball with them, and use only that ball. Some cricket balls can be borrowed from the clubhouse, should you not have one
- Please can parents be prepared to assist the coaches to run the sessions safely
- Toilets are available; there will be a one way system through the clubhouse
- Suitable cleaning arrangements have been put in place, but please bring some hand sanitiser with you
- Simple bar arrangements are in place and the Hambledon blue kit will be on sale most evenings as well
Many of you have very kindly made a donation to the club to help us through this most unusual of summers. There will be no charges for these training sessions, but if you attend, it would be much appreciated if you can make a donation to the club, if you haven’t already.
The 64 million dollar question is: when can we actually play some games of cricket? The answer is that we don’t yet know. We are hoping for details soon from the ECB and the government, and we look forward to telling you when we can play.
So, please book a slot for a training session, please be patient if you can’t attend every week, and we look forward to seeing you soon.